About Me

My photo
I am a naughty girl with a bad habit... a bad habit for all things beautifying and seductively glamourous. Mr Tom Ford is my not so secret crush and don't get me started on the genius of Mad Men. So please join me in my expedition of Beautyland and all things deliciously decadent. And when I am not immersing myself in Beautyland I am imbuing myself in the world of Loving Kindness - Thai Yoga Massage. Please visit my blog Loving Kindness to explore this wonderful domain.

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Sssshhh..... I don't do nude.

There I've said it. I won't apologise and I won't be ashamed, but nude lips don't really do it for me.
You see at heart, in the depths of my soul I am a bright lip girl. Just the juiciness and ripenss of colour makes me tingle with excitement. The neon lip trend has me in its clutches, and well a red lip is so devilishly delicious.
But even in the midst of this technicolour typhoon I appreciate that some looks need, nay must be accompanied by the nude lip.
There some ladies who just rock this look so well... Jolie, Bardot (in her heyday) and the batty/beautiful Claudia Winkleman. On me I feel like there is something missing. It isn't even about tones, I just feel cadaver-ish and well naked (ironic huh).
My collection of nudes is not so great (well seven lipsticks, six lipglosses and a few pencils for luck - if you call that not much), they are however kit essentials as many brides request the no-makeup/makeup look.

But here's a snapshot of my little collection.
Lipsticks
From the top: 
Chanel Rouge Coco - 05 Mademoiselle
Estee lauder - Crystal Baby
MAC - Kinda Sexy
MAC -  Jubilee
MAC - Twig
Revlon - Soft Rose
                                                     Burberry - Rosewood

I have swatched each repeatedly to draw out the colour.

Lipglosses
From the top:
Collection 2000 creme puff - Angel Delight
Urban Decay - Wallflower
Ciate (no name came free with Marie Claire)
Revlon - Peach Petal 
DuWop - Buttercup
Nars - Chelsea Girl

You can see they are a more pinky nude which I think is more flattering. A light application or with your fingers gives a subtle definition to lips (or cheeks), or add lipliner for a really Pammy Anderson pout.
Tell me what are your nude must haves?
Oh and FYI I don't do gloss either.
Love F x
 <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3750746/the-beauty-lark?claim=fpu64d43m9p">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment