About Me

My photo
I am a naughty girl with a bad habit... a bad habit for all things beautifying and seductively glamourous. Mr Tom Ford is my not so secret crush and don't get me started on the genius of Mad Men. So please join me in my expedition of Beautyland and all things deliciously decadent. And when I am not immersing myself in Beautyland I am imbuing myself in the world of Loving Kindness - Thai Yoga Massage. Please visit my blog Loving Kindness to explore this wonderful domain.

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Heal me

We all have 'hero' products that we rely on.
These little gems make our lives that little bit easier and are reassuringly good.

Heal Gel
Developed by five leading British  plastic and cosmeticsurgeons.
This lightweight gel absorbs quickly to help soothe and heal scars.
I have used this on minor burns and scars and it is amazing.
Not cheap retailing at £33.50 from Victoria Health. But so worth every penny.


Neal's Yard Warming Salve
I could easily smother myself in this every day.
This beautifully scented warming salve (melts easily onto the skin) soothes tired aching muscles.
A great treat for those into sports or used instead of a massage oil.
It does create a heat sensation on the skin but that is part of its magic.
A good one for autumn when we all need a little TLC.
Avaialble at Neal's Yard £9.20



Liz Earle eyebright Soothing Lotion
You know those days when you wake up in the morning feeling and looking more like Droopy Dog than wide eyed and bushy tailed (unfortunately, I frequently do). To tackle the heavy (baggy) eyed looK I use LE's Eyebright. I keep the lotion in the fridge so when I apply with cotton wool I get that hit of cold freshness that instanly awakens. The gentle floral smell may not be to everyone's liking (my sister who has Hay Fever it seemed to aggravate her symptoms) but I have been using it every day non stop and have repurchased twice!
See Liz Earle.


Sudocream
Not exciting I know but should I ever be stranded on a desert island I would not be without this product.
Cheap and very effective. I even like the slightly medicinal smell (strange girl that I am).
I have even used this cream to dry out spots by applying a thin layer on the pesky things.


Please feel free to add your hero products to the list. I am always looking for new 'heroes'.

F x

No comments:

Post a Comment